Saturday, October 9, 2010

Painting Pumpkins






Fall is here, and the cooler temperatures are blessed relief from the hottest summer I can remember. We've had our windows open and the air conditioner turned off. The cool fall air revives my soul. It is our tradition to paint little pumpkins and make a pumpkin pie at the beginning of October. Thankfully, God enabled us to do both this year.

As I reflect on my state one year ago, even the cool air couldn't revive me then. I was at my lowest point at this time last year. It gives me cause for thanksgiving that I am not there any more. God, indeed, brought me through that pit of despair for a purpose. He "loosened my chains and bound me in His grace" as a Watermark song states. Looking back reminds me what God has done and causes me to cling more tightly to Christ, so I don't go back there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment