Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fun Fridays, Castles Part 2





The Medieval Castles are complete. We all had great fun building and decorating them. My pictures don't do them justice. The girls' castle is complete with a name, a theme song, interior buildings and street signs. It took 3 afternoons, a bunch of boxes, and enough spray paint to give us all lung cancer, but I'm sure it will be a fond memory. These are the kinds of things I remember most from my early education - projects, paintings, crafts. I really don't remember too much about math class (although I ended up being an engineer) or spelling or grammar. I do remember a first grade painting that I made about the book Petunia and a few diorama book reports and plenty of art projects (although I ended up NOT being an artist or having any drawing ability AT ALL). So, even though it's a lot of work and a lot of mess, I think it is important for our kids. Indeed, I love spending the time with the Thompson family working on these joint ventures. They are a gift to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment