Saturday, December 26, 2009

Time for the Family Blog

Well, I think it is time for the family blog to start and close out our "Waiting for Hannah" blog. I don't have all the pretty headers and bells and whistles yet, but I'll start working on it. We have all come a long way in the past 3 months since Hannah came home. We are finally at the point where we feel sort of normal again - sort of. Hannah is settling in very well; I am making it through my depression and anxiety through God's mighty hand; Lauren, Andrew and Gabe are starting to figure out their new roles and how to love even when it isn't easy. God is teaching us all so much. I know He is at work in our lives (and so does the Enemy). It has drawn us to our knees in prayer so many times. That can only be a good thing in the long run, and that's what I have to keep remembering - the long run. Trials do many things to grow us, but one of them is to help us remember that we are aliens and strangers in this world - this is not our home. We are being fitted for another home and trained for another kingdom. We are trusting God to complete the work He has begun in our new family.

Excerpts from Psalm 18: In my distress, I called upon the Lord, to my God I cried for help. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears. He sent from on high, he drew me out of many waters. He rescued me from my strong enemy. He brought me out into a broad place, he rescued me because he delighted in me. For you save a humble people. For it is you who light my lamp - the Lord lightens my darkness. This God - his way is perfect; the word of the Lord proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment